3.0b3 freezes when switching to “classic view”/inserting new citations/modifying edited ones

I’ve just installed Zotero Standalone 3.0b3 für Mac OS X.

Zotero freezes, when I try to either:

1. insert a new citation,
  2. modify a citation that I’ve manually edited,
  3. switch into “classic view”, or
  4. switch fastly between the insert citation dialogue and the Zotero main window for a couple of times.
The first point of the list appears to happen at random, but frequently. I haven’t yet figured out how to reproduce it reliably.

I’m running Mac OS X 10.7.2 and use NeoOffice 3.2.1 Patch 2.

Thanks for looking into the issue,
Odin
  • I have also had problems with Zotero freezing in the classic view. The issue seems to be related to the word-processor integration code. I've not applied those patches to the multilingual client, and it is stable in the classic view. When the patches are applied, it becomes flakey, and the official 3.0 version behaves in the same way.
  • Actually, I’ve reverted to Zotero Standalone 3.0b2.1 because I’ve got a deadline to meet, but I’m still using the OpenOffice plugin that came with 3.0b3 – and the problem disappeared. So maybe it’s not just the word processor integration code that is to blame.
  • edited December 22, 2011
    I see this too. It's an interaction between the LibreOffice plugin and changes to the integration code. It doesn't happen with the Word plugins under any version of Word, and it doesn't happen under earlier versions of Zotero with the LibreOffice plugins. I'll try to get a fix out for the LibreOffice plugin today.
  • An updated version of the LO plugin is now available.
  • Thanks for the prompt fix, problem solved.