Citing a plate from a work

It'd be nice if included in the list of pages, paragraphs, line, part etc... if Zotero could offer the option "plate" abreviated to "pl." for works with a section of Plates.
  • could you provide an example of where that's used in a citation style?

More generally, I think the way to go would be to have an "empty" locator (that's the Zotero name for the different options in the dropdown menu) - there are bound to be a whole range of rare locators such as plate and at some point we should just let users put them in manually.
  • Hey,

Yeah I work in Archaeology and Assyriology and often books come with a group of illustrations printed in the back, often on better quality paper. They aren't inline illustrations but actual pages of illustration and referred to as plates.

For example: http://books.google.com/books?id=5L-LBp2i8uQC&lpg=PA487&dq=CT%20pl.%20babylonian&pg=PA461#v=onepage&q=CT%20pl.%20babylonian&f=false

"Many parallel lines to the section concerning the Narrow Place of the Wind Cleft are found in the Old Babylonian Text VAT 602 published by Nougayrol, RA 44, pl. IV, and edited ibid, 16-21."

Here the reference is to the 4th plate in a journal article in Revue d'Assyriologie...

Having a empty locator would work just fine as well...