How to edit the web link of a captured reference (v.2.1.1)

Probably my question is very naïve, but I was not able to find an answer in this forum:

Let say that I just captured a reference from Amazon site.
In doing it, Zotero adds also a sub-item called Amazon.com link.
Selecting this sub-item, one sees (among other info) the title of the captured reference and the web address of it, which is clickable. Example: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1234567890 (not working here).

If for some reason, I want to change the above web address, how shall I do it? It seems not editable. But let's say that the referenced item changes address in Amazon (or in other web sites), shall I download it again, or is it possible just to edit the web address of the old reference, I already captured.

Thanks for any help.
  • you would leave the old parent item intact, but attach a new link - right click the item --> Add Attachment --> Add Link to Current page (if you're looking at the page at it's new address) or --> Add Link to URI (if you want to manually add a link).

Amazon links are stable as far as I know, though.
  • Many thanks for the answer.

A similar thing (of an item not editable) that I found limiting is when one attaches a file. In this case when the link is broken I am unable to see what it was it, since it cannot be seen. It would be helpful to let show it explicitly. And even better to let it edit.
  • if you have "automatically attach snapshot" selected in the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences, Zotero keeps a permanent copy of the webpage and you can check what it contains.