Turabian style question

I am writing a dissertation using Turabian.

My question concerns a numbered commentary in a larger set with a series editor.

My note should look like this according to my school's Turabian guide:
Author, Book Title, vol. # of The Commentary Series, ed. General Editor name/s (City: Publisher, date), pg #.

I can't get Zotero to generate a note like this. Even when I enter a name for the Series Editor, nothing happens in the citation.

Any suggestions?
Andrew
  • I can have a look - it's possible with Zotero, but it's not coded in either Turabian or CMoS - can anyone confirm the above is actual Turabian and not some school ideosyncracy?
  • Yes, that is correct Turabian style. (Per p. 131 of the Sixth Edition, anyway.)

I'm also curious whether it can be possible, using Zotero, to include the original publication info. in a citation for a reprint (e.g., a paperback edition).

To give an example, I need to cite the paperback edition of John Dewey's _Art as Experience_, which originally came out in hard cover in 1934 from Minton, Balch and Company. The paperback edition is from Perigee Books in New York, released in 2005.

Per p. 193-4 of the Sixth Ed. of _A Manual for Writers: Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations_ by Kate Turabian, a paperback edition like this one should be treated as a reprint, which should be cited (in the bibliography) as follows (with the title italicized):

Dewey, John. Art as Experience. New York: Minton, Balch & Company, 1934; New York: Perigee Books, 2005.

However, there isn't a place in a book's record (as far as I can tell) to enter the original publication data. I assume I just need to enter all this information by hand into my bibliography once it's generated?
  • Yeah, that's not possible atm. We might get there in the future.