Can I add a news article to a research entry?

Dear Zotero,

I often want to add a news article to a research entry. An example is this research entry:

https://www.zotero.org/groups/from_some_psychologists/items/itemKey/DBDZBXQJ/q/Mother%20and%20infant%20coordinate%20heart%20rhythms%20through%20episodes%20of%20interaction%20synchrony

There is a news article describing this in a good way:

ScienceShot: Human Hearts Beat Together - ScienceNOW http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2011/12/scienceshot-human-hearts-beat-to.html?ref=em&elq=4aedbf9ce7b94cb9b342caea1436ed28

Just adding this link to related would perhaps be good, but I can't do that without adding it as an entry in Zotero. I do not want it as an entry, it is not that important, but it is convenient to have it somewhere.

What is your thought about this? What is the best way to handle it? Perhaps a new feature, or?
  • if you don't want the citation data just use "add attachment" --> Attach Snapshot of current page.
    If you do want the citation data you'll have to create the new item and use related.
  • Thanks adamsmith, that was nice.

However can I do this from Zotero Standalone?
  • I do this sometimes, and I usually do what adamsmith suggests-- I add either a link or a snapshot to the main item.
  • Thanks ajlyon.

I answer my last stupid question myself ;-) : Yes, you can add a link by right clicking the entry in Zotero Standalone and choose "Add Attachment - Add Link to URI". (But "Add Link to Current Page" etc does not work in Zotero Standalone.)

I probably would have found this if I were more aware of how different functions are organized in Zotero. It is good to have the function I was looking for in the "right click popup menu". However I suggest that it would also be good to have them in the main menu (in a separate menu for current item, of course).
  • Noting that both the "Attach Snapshot of Current Page" and "Attach Link to Current Page" options fail silently in Zotero Standalone 3.0.3 when right-clicking a library item in the center column.

Unless this functionality is going to be implemented (by using the active page from the most recently used browser with a Zotero connector installed?) these options should probably be removed from Standalone.