Thank you for providing a bridge from Windows to Android

Hi, I am writing to thank you for providing a bridge from Windows to Android. I am getting ready to get an Android 10 inch tablet soon and my biggest concern has been how to keep references synced up. That is, available to use in Word on my PC and to have those reference available to use in Google Docs which I will inevitably use for Android. I can get started now using it in Word docs and then once I go to Android I can hopefully still use those references via Firefox Mobile for Android in the same way.

One thing I would like to see is nicer buttons in the add-ins section on Microsoft Word 2010. That is big icons instead of little ones.

Thanks. God Bless.

Aaron.
  • I'm sorry to say that Zotero doesn't really work in Firefox Mobile for Android, and it's about to stop working altogether, as Firefox Mobile moves away from the XUL-based interface that Zotero depends on.

The only real way to access Zotero libraries on Android is to either use the website at Zotero.org or to use Zandy, the app I wrote for Zotero on Android. That said, Zandy doesn't currently have a way of integrating with Google Docs. I hadn't thought of workflows for that yet-- but I could add at least a way to put formatted citations on the clipboard.
  • edited December 12, 2011
    Hi Ajlyon,

Can you make it so that Zandy can 1) copy to clipboard an entire bibliography and 2) just do an insert of the in-text citation needed?

I am just beginning to use Zotero. I have one other question. Can you create a group of citations for just one paper as you do in Word? Is that what creating a folder is?

Thanks. God Bless.

Aaron.
  • I've added the clipboard suggestion to the Zandy issue tracker. Not sure how long it'll take, but I'll try to get to it.

As for (2), people often use collections for each current project, but that's not required. Just install the Word integration plugin and see what works best for you.