Problems with new OpenOffice Plugin 1.0.2

I recently upgraded to the latest version of the OpenOffice plugin for Zotero since the upgrade to 1.0.2. I have noticed significant differencs between this plugin and the earlier one, most of which are for the worse.

The panes for Collections and References in Bibliography are of a fixed width and cannot be adjusted, so I cannot see the fulll references after they are added no matter how widely I adjust the window size. Here's a quick run-down of my woes, with the hope that Bruce D'Arcus or some of the other kind souls who have helped develop this can tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or the new plugin has taken a turn for the terrible.

I noticed that when I add a new bibliography for the first time, I am no longer automatically taken to the Edit Bibliography panel, but simply a field is dumped in my document with {Bibliography} and I think that the plugin is broken until I realise that one must then click Edit... in the toolbar to start populating the bibliography with items. Duh! But here's where the pain starts.

I cannot select more than one reference at a time to put into the bibliography. When I was just creating a bibliography with nearly a hundred references, I had to point, click, and then press the stupid --> button to add each one manually. This sucks! Each time I add an item, OO has to call the Zotero database and there is a pause of several seconds.

It took me nearly an hour to put together this bibliography when a simple select all drag and drop would have taken a few seconds! I usually organise my bibliographies by collection, so I would like to just drag and drop the collection folder into the references pane. The previous version of the plugin at least allowed selecting more than one item at a time, and I'm baffled as to why this new one does not. What is to be done?