Standalone: OCLC Number import capability (in addition to ISBN, etc.)

Standalone3.0b2.1 on OSX 10.7

Love Zotero and Standalone (Firefox was a huge memory hog on my system). Thank you for the fantastic work!

Would love to see OCLC Number import capability (in addition to ISBN, etc.) so that a book w/ no ISBN can be imported.

I work with a lot of Japanese books w/o ISBNs, such as this one:
http://www.worldcat.org/title/shorai-no-tohoku/oclc/80096180&referer=brief_results

Maybe there's a workaround I'm missing, but if not I'd love to see this feature added in future releases if that's technically possible.

Also, still waiting for the "original publication date" feature requested by a number of us several years ago. It would be wonderful to see this prioritized, especially for people in history and literature, where original publication date makes a huge difference.

Keep up the great work!
  • First, my apologies for not seeing the obvious (but imperfect) workaround faster.

Instead of the Cite/Export link on the above page, I clicked OCLC FirstSearch, which would not output to a format I could import. Using Cite/Export, I was able to get the citation directly, but without any of the macrons. This isn't much better than doing it by hand for some books, since I had to add them myself post facto. So, the original feature request stands, even though a partial workaround exists.
  • you realize that you can import right from worldcat with the connector for Safari/Chrome, right?

Original date is almost certainly going to be in the 3.5 version of Zotero.