No notification when user doesn't have permission to edit a group library

Hi, all. I was stymied earlier today when I was teaching someone to use Zotero so she can help with our group library. After much head-scratching, I finally figured out that our group permissions were set so that only admins could edit, and I had only added her as a member. She was using the latest Firefox add-on version: 2.1.10 (September 4, 2011) and was running Windows 7.

The error message we were getting when she tried to add things to the group was the standard one about "known translator issues," though. Any chance for a more helpful message, such as "You do not have permission to edit this group library. Please contact the group's owner"? That would have saved me a lot of trouble. Another helpful place for such a notice would have been in Notes and Tags, where the "Add" button was simply gone with no explanation as to why. (Although that's how I figured out it was a permissions issue.)

Thanks.
  • I've added a clearer message when attempting to save to a read-only library via the address bar icon. Thanks.