Corrections to Fish and Fisheries style

Hi,

I have found two formatting errors in the Fish and Fisheries style. According to their documentation, the journal volume number should not be bold and author names should have a comma between the surname and the initials.

The latest F&F reference style guide is available here, where the relevant example is:

Author, A.B. and Author, C.D. (1999) Title of article. Full Journal Title in Italics 00, 000-000. [In Japanese.]

The changes necessary to the fish-and-fisheries.csl file (last updated 2011-09-28T19:01:05+00:00) are:

Line 55, remove the text sort-separator=" "
Line 216, remove the text font-weight="bold"

Can someone make these changes? The overhead of learning how to use git, etc, seems a bit much to just make two small changes:)

Thanks

Gavin
  • will do, should get to it over the weekend, thanks for spotting this.
  • Hi

One other formatting fix. Citations should not have et al. in italics. Fix is to remove font-style="italic" from line 67.

Thanks

Gavin
  • you're correct on the sort separator (although rather than delete it I added a comma in there), but if you check actual journal articles, et al is in fact in italics and issue numbers are in bold
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-2979.2010.00372.x/pdf
    change will show up soon, thanks for pointing it out.
  • Good point. I suppose I was naive to do what they say instead of what they do:)

We've just submitted something to them following their style guide, so it will be interesting to see what they say.