Pontifical Gregorian University (PUG) style

I'm not able to produce a style at once.
Is there someone who has worked on it?
  • Vorrei trovare realizzato o realizzare uno stile di citazione per gli scritti della Pontificia Università Gregoriana in Roma.
    Stile presente in
    http://www.unigre.it/Univ/pubblicazioni/varie/documenti/2007_settima_edizione_norme_tipografiche_testo_completo_it.pdf

Se qualcuno è interessato scriva!
  • Note: personal traslation of a part of the pdf posted.
    I'm waiting for an help...

Note2: Authors are in small caps!! Always.
    Title in italic.

6.3.1 Author
    In small caps as following:

Es.:
    M. VILLER, J.A.T. ROBINSON, L. ALONSO SCHÖKEL,
    G.B. GRAY, M.-É. BOISMARD, R. MARTIN-ACHARD

If there are more authors, A1 + space + short-line + space + A2
    Es.:
    S.R. DRIVER – G.B. GRAY,

More than two, only the first followed by al.
    Es.
    Y. YADIN – al.,
    stand for: Y. YADIN – Y. AHARONI – R. AMIRAN – T. DOTHAN – I. DUNAYEVSKY – J. PERROT,

6.3.2 Citations

If it is too long, in citations only 4-5 words, until substantive.
    If in same note more citations, it’s followed chronological order of publishing.

a) Book

Title in italic.
    Pages after comma and space:

Es.:
    L. ALONSO SCHÖKEL – J.L. SICRE DÍAZ, Profetas.
    P. BOVATI, Ristabilire la giustizia, 73.
    R. de VAUX, Le istituzioni dell’Antico Testamento, 473-482.

Per i dizionari, si usano le sigle (in maiuscolo, corsivo se necessario)
    o il nome dell’autore (in tondo), ad es.:

BDB per:
    F. BROWN – S.R. DRIVER – C.A., BRIGGS, A Hebrew and
    English Lexicon of the Old Testament, Oxford 1952.

HALAT per: W. BAUMGARTNER, ed., Hebräisches und aramäisches
    Lexicon zum Alten Testament, I-V, Leiden 1967, 1974, 1983,
    1990, 1996.

Jastrow per: M. JASTROW, A Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud
    Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature, London –
    New York 1886-1900.

Numbers of pages always completlely written:
    es.: 412-415, not 412-5 or 412-15
    when non consequently:
    es.: 75.79.123-128

– Multivolume book:
    Es.:
    L. ALONSO SCHÖKEL, Salmi, II, 121.

– If in same note, these is another citation of the same author, the second time use
    ID., (in small caps).

– Ibid., only for the same books in the same note.
  • edited November 16, 2011
    I just wrote and published a style for the Pontifical Biblical Institute (it will probably appear in the style database in the next day or two. If you want to import it sooner the link is in my new post from today in this forum category).

I believe the styles are very similar. Maybe you could try out the style I made and modify it, or if the modifications are small we could just get together and work them out.
  • Sorry for late ...
    Yes, I've seen. The PIB-style is similar but not equal.
    And for the doctoral thesis the style should be equal ...

However I've discovered this CSL-editor/creator:
    http://csleditor.quist.de/csleditor/show/1/example-citation-style
    Very very useful ...

Now I'm waiting for a response of the PUG for my request of creating a style by PUG-computer-center. If the response is negative, I'm going to create it by myself ...
    Hoping ...

Bye.
  • Hallo, I have the same problem!
    This post is almost one year old! There is a solution?
    I can't find the style in the repository. The Pontifical Biblical Style is not the same; there is also Pontifical Athaeneum Regina Apostolorum Style: it's somewhere similar, and somewhere different.

If you have created the style, can you share it?
    If you have not, how can I do it?

Thanks, bye!
  • Hi!
    The IT technicians of the PUG are working on it!
    In few weeks, I hope, the PUG style will be downloadable.
    Bye.
    Paolo
  • Oh thank you! This is a good new!
    Some months ago, I also asked to the library-prefect and she said they were going to do it, but it would take time.
  • Hi guys!
    I'm preparing a doctorate at the Greg and I am very very interested by this PUG citation style. And I have good news! I saw the IT technician this morning and the trial is almost ready. Because He's not a student, He needs some students to try it and make comments. I am one now of them. If you want to be one of us, feel free!
  • Wonderful! I was waiting fot that. How can I come in the test team?
  • So you can go to the IT if the PUG and ask for Giovanni Di Giorgi. He will ask for your "numero di matricola" and then send you the style by email. Good summer!
  • Thank you! Good summer to you too!
  • Hi friends!
    I've received the test-style, I've used and send my observations to Giovanni di Giorgi.
    The problem is: he has no time to work at the Zotero-style.

I've contacted the vice-director, Zollner, some times ago. After my suggestion, the work had started. Probably the only solution is to continue asking for the PUG-style.
    Probably we could to mail Zollner, and why not, the rector Dumortier.

I live in the Pontificio Seminario Lombardo, many of us are using Zotero, we are very interested in the style.

What do you say?
    Bye.
  • Hallo!
    I also received the test-style, I've send my notes and I received the second version but it doesn't work. I was very busy last month so I couldn't test it again.
    You have contacted Zollner, I have contacted the library director. Maybe your way is better.
    I agree to send an email (or talk) to anyone you suggest and I know there are other interested. Do you think to a collective email?
    If you live in the Pontificio Seminario Lombardo, for the future, I think we can write in italian...
    Thank you and goodbye!
  • Si, direi che possiamo scrivere in italiano, anche perché chi frequenta la Pug l'italiano lo capisce.

Secondo me, se vogliamo che sia fatto lo stile della PUG dobbiamo cercare di fare pressioni più in alto, forse più in alto ancora di Zollner.
    Zollner è un tipo deciso e ha ordinato lui che si cominciasse a lavorare allo stile.

Secondo me si potrebbe:
    - chiedere ancora a Zollner che venga completato
    - chiedere ai rappresentanti degli studenti di chiedere
    - chiedere, se tutto non andasse a buon fine, direttamente al Magnifico Rettore: se lui dice che si deve fare, credo proprio che le cose si debbano fare. Però arrivare fino a lì lo riserverei se proprio non otteniamo nulla.

Che ne dite se scriviamo a Zollner?
    Io gli scrivo oggi.

E poi: conoscete i rappresentanti degli studenti?
    Forse uno del mio Collegio lo è appena diventato, ma non lo so, perché ora sono a casa.

Ciao
  • Ho scritto a Zollner, se mi risponde vi faccio sapere.
    Se volete farlo anche voi basta andare nella pagina docente.
    Più gli scriviamo meglio è!
    Ciao
  • Ciao, scusami, ma in questi giorni non sono riuscita a vedere il forum. Ok, allora scrivo anch'io e chiedo anche agli altri interessati di farlo. Sono stata alle elezioni dei rappresentanti del III ciclo, so il nome di chi è stato eletto, ma non l'ho visto solo quella volta.
    Teniamoci aggiornati. Grazie!
  • Ciao.
    Zollner molto cordialmente ha risposto e ha già contattato l'Information System, che ha detto che sta lavorando a Zotero.

Il mio compagno di collegio è il rappresentato per la licenza, fa teologia biblica.
    Gli ho già detto qualcosa, ma a questo punto spero solo in buone nuove dall'IS.

Ciao.
    Paolo
  • Ciao, anche a me Zollner ha risposto, dicendo che terrà conto delle osservazioni e cercherà di tornare sull'argomento in uno dei prossimi incontri con l'IS, per verificare come procedere. Non so dire se sia solo un modo di dire...
    In ogni caso, ho chiesto anche ad altri di scrivere e molti lo hanno fatto subito. Vediamo se si smuove qualcosa.

A te funziona la seconda versione di prova? A me ha restituito un errore in fase di installazione e come funzionamento è molto peggio della prima.

Ciao!
  • the Pontifical Gregorian University style is published.
  • Buongiorno, mi sono accorto che lo stile di Zotero non corrisponde del tutto alla metodologia PUG aggiornata del 2023 ("Norme tipografiche per elaborati, tesine e tesi della Facoltà di Teologia. Terza edizione rivista e aggiornata"). Per esempio, in bibliografia non appaiono mai le case editrici, come invece previsto dalla metodologia. Lo stile zotero è aggiornato al 2021, ma non trovo il testo della metodologia in uso in quella data. Per caso qualcuno sa se è possibile scaricare altrove una versione aggiornata? A quale metodologia fa riverimento lo stile del 2021? Grazie.
  • Can you link to the current guidelines and also list out the required in a number list in the format of current output vs required output? then we can make the changes a lot faster.
  • Thank you for the quick response. Here is the link to the current guidelines (https://www.unigre.it/it/teologia/documenti/documenti-dellunita-accademica/norme-tipografiche/). I will list the changes that I've noticed as soon as possible.