Item Type

I don't want to sound anal but the "Item Type" list is not that "rich" with item types.
Today i wanted to cite press release. Not in the list, i thought may be "Report" but that don't give the exact date.
I searched Zotero forums and found 2010 talk about using "manuscript" for "press release". OK did that.

I looked for APA 6 example list (Trinity University) and there is a big list of item types.
If you visit easybib.com, you will be amazed they they offer 58 options.
I aware that some Item Types are virtually the same but for the peace of mind, it would be nice to add more names to the list, even if it results in less unique citation variation. It will help to choose the correct type when there are so many options.

P.S
English is my third language. Enjoy my Engrish.
  • It's been Zotero's philosophy for a long time to limit the number of item types. It's just not particularly helpful to have a list of 60 different item types and then still ask yourself "is this a or b"?
    If anything, Zotero has some unnecessary item types that now can't be removed for legacy reasons (Instant Message and Podcast come to mind).

Also, item types may be misleading - e.g. a hard copy of a press press release from an archive is best cited as a manuscript (i.e. an piece of writing that was never formally published). A copy of a press release that's available online is just a website. Those types of classifications - i.e. the question "what is this a case of?" - can't be done for you by your bibliographical software. You need to do it yourself.