can't edit citations or style in word doc

Error report # 334712469

After updating AdBlock in my Firefox add-ons, I started getting error messages while adding citations to an existing document.

The error says:
Zotero experienced an error updating your document. COMMAND: app(u'/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Word.app/').documents[u'discreettalkrevisions copy.doc'].story_ranges(3}.fields[1].field_code.content.get()

I tried all the troubleshooting techniques for the word processing plugin, including reinstalling python and the plugin.

I get the same error if I try to update the citation style.

I am able to insert citations in a new document, though.
  • PS: I tried disabling Adblock and restarting both firefox and word, but I'm still getting the same error message.
  • I'm using Word 2008 for Mac.
  • have you actually run through this?
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents
  • Actually I had only run through step 6, because that's where I was told to submit an error report. But I just tried step 7 and I was able to isolate the problem. It seemed to be one footnote (without a citation in it) that was causing the problem. Thanks!
  • Hi there,

Error report number: 71892372

I'm using Word 2008 for Mac, Firefox 8.0, and Zotero 2.1.10

In both old and new documents, I can't edit citations once I've inserted them. I've tried all the troubleshooting methods mentioned in the link above, with no success. There appears to be no problematic footnote, but some other general problem.

No error message actually appears on screen, but a new error message is generated in the "Report Errors" section under the "Actions" icon.

I've reinstalled both the Python Ex. thingy and the latest plugin - still nothing.

Please help!

Thanks,
    Fred.
  • edited November 9, 2011
    Fred - please start a new thread. That's not the same error/issue.
    Also make sure you have the most recent copy of the Word plugin (3.1.8)
  • Should be fixed in Word for Mac Integration 3.1.9, available now.