Error in updating my document: 'this.state.registry[myIds[i]] is undefined'

Hi there,

I have the 2.1.10 version of Zotero for Firefox, with the plugin for Microsoft Word as well.

I have been working on a 40 page Word 97-03 document on Microsoft XP and have over 80 footnotes so far. Everything's been working fine until suddenly when I want to update my document (so that the citations, footnotes and bibliography are up to date with the elements that I have changed in the library accessible through Firefox) it displays the following message:

Zotero experiences an error in updating your document. this.state.registry[myIds[i]] is undefined

Would be glad for your help.
  • I've just tried the advice here once again: http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting

"If you are using Word, or if you are using bookmarks in OpenOffice.org, try copying and pasting the document content into a new document to see if the problem goes away. You will need to click the “Set Document Preferences” button before your old citations will be recognized."

It seems to have worked this time, so no need for any help now.
  • I just had the same error in a Word document I was working on. I used your suggestion and it seems to have worked. Thank you for taking the time to post it.
  • Thanks - it worked for me, too!