Change in focus when clicking to edit an info field

I have a minor difficulty when I am enterring data into the info fields of an item. On the first click, the focus leaves the field it was on previously and the fields are resized. On the second click the focus moves onto the field that I click on.

I would find it much quicker if the focus moved into the new field on the first attempt. When the items resize it is annoying to have to find the field I wanted again.

This is very minor, but would improve the work flow and might be easy to impliment.

Just a thought. I hope it is useful. If not, ignore this.

Thanks for the great software,
Charlie

PS I am using zotero 2.1.10 on firefox 6.0.2 on windows 7. I couldn't find any other comments like this, but do link me uptot the thread if there is one.
  • not the case for me. Any add-ons installed?
  • Tag selector open/closed affects this.
  • I tried this again and I seem to observe both behaviours.

If I edit an entry, then the next click does not move the focus. If I click and hold for a moment, this seems to be better at moving the focus in the first click, but only if I haven't edited the previous field.

I had a few addons - add block plus, blocksite and quick translator. Both behaviours are still observable when these add-ons are disabled.

I'm not convinced that the response is entirely reliably repeatable, but the above pattern seems reasonably repeatable.
  • It's a bug, and it's because of the tag selector.
  • PS When I make a post on this forum I always get a random other forum post emailed to my contact email address. This is peculiar. Is it intentional? (Excuse the random issue)
  • Unsubscribe from forum notifications in the left-hand pane.
  • As long as you are aware. Thanks.