Zotero frozen at end of "Exporting items"

I was exporting my Zotero library in RDF format (Zotero 2.1.10 and Firefox 7.0.1). The process seems to have been going through fine, the progress bar was going along nicely. Now, just before completion, nothing seems to be happening. I can still see the progress bar, with about 1 mm of white at the end, the folder that it exporting to has not changed. Firefox is using a lot of RAM in Task Manager, but no (varying between 0-5%) CPU power.

Not sure what to do. I *am* able to use Firefox just fine. It's Zotero that is stuck.
  • how long have you waited? The progress bar isn't always 100% reliable.
    (also - in case that's what you're trying to do - note that exporting your library is not the way to back it up).
  • It's been stuck for an hour, according to the latest of the last modified times on the folders in the export folder.

Yes, I know that's not how to back it up. I need to merge two libraries, and it would appear that exporting one as RDF and importing it into the other one is the recommended way to that. Am I mistaken in this impression?
  • sync would work well for that - better than RDF export/import.
    That's not to say that RDF export shouldn't work - can't really see it taking longer than 1h, though, unless your library has multiple thousand items.
  • Will I do any damage if I simply cancel the operation? Presumably, I would need to quit Firefox to do this, since Zotero itself appears quite stuck. Is there a process I should look for in the Task Manager (I'm using Windows XP) that would give me a better clue as to whether there's work being done by Zotero?
  • no damage, no (worst that can happen is that the exported file doesn't work), and no, you can't tell apart Zotero from other FF processes easily - just quit (and if necessary force quit) FF