Turabian - SEP is undefined

I purchased a new computer, and installed an updated version of Zotero. I'm using the Turabian style guide.

When I attempt to make corrections on previous chapters, I get the "sep is undefined" message. What do I need to do to fix this?
  • We haven't seen this error in a very long time. If you are using the Turabian style from the repository, can you isolate the item that is causing the fault? If so, please export it as Zotero RDF, paste the RDF to http://gist.github.com/, save it as a public gist, and post the URL from the address bar back here. If you are using a modified version of Turabian, please make a gist of the style code so we can take a look.

(Edit: same answer/query as under the original post.)
  • How do I know which item is causing the problem?

If I open the document and try to refresh Zotero, I get the "sep is undefined" error message. I'm using the Turabian style (Full note with bibliography). I downloaded a recent version of Zotero (I think about 4 weeks ago, but I'm not sure of the exact version #). I downloaded the earlier version early in '11.
  • andwin - fbennett and Dan both provide links to instructions.
  • Ok. I'm trying to isolate the problem now.

Here is the id #: 2086276523

FWIW, I updated several chapters from my dissertation. Seven documents refreshed with Zotero and two did not (hence my confusion).
  • edited October 28, 2011
    I think I figured out the problem on one of the documents. It looks like there was a bad citation that was messing up the whole document. I still have one document that isn't working though. I've tried to eliminate several citations that I thought were problematic, but then it finds new ones.
  • andwin06: If you can identify a specific item or citation that causes the problem, I would be very interested in taking a look at it -- you can export the item as Zotero RDF and paste to gist.github.com as described above. This error shouldn't ever occur, and if there is some combination of data that can trigger it, that should be fixed if possible.
  • In one chapter, I had 1 citation that was causing problems. In another chapter, I think there were 5 citations. I'll try to post something in the next few days so you can take a look at it.
  • That would be great -- and glad to hear that you've been able to sort it out.
  • Fbennett:

How do I export the problem citation? I'd be happy to send it your way, but I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks!
  • Once you identify it, click on it in the center pane, then right-click and select Zotero RDF to export. Save to a file, open the file with a text editor. Cut and paste the file content http://gist.github.com/, save as a public gist, and post the URL back here.