standalone and child notes do not update, total disaster

Hi!
I tried to look around to find a solution but failed.
Please HELP.
For several weeks I have the following pretty awful error:
the content of notes does not show on the right or when I open them in a separate window. if I open a new one and type it it is lost. Often pretty random choice of notes are shown. It is a persisting problem and make Zotero unusable.
It is present on both my desktop and laptop running either Win7 or XP,
I use Firefox 3.6.17 and the latest zotero 2.1.10
I checked database integrity, no problem. This is a prety basic feature no-one had this problem?
please feedback to gulyas@koki.hu too.
  • update your Firefox version - if you're using the 3.6 branch it should be 3.6.23
    then, try disabling all other FF add-ons and see if that makes a difference.
    You're right, if this were a general problem it'd have long since come up.
  • Iam using now FF 3.6.24 and Zotero 2.1.10 on my desktop and laptop. The notes are fine on the desktop but still stupid on the laptop. I tried to uninstall and reinstall zotero, did not help. It still shows an empty note window on the right and when I choose to open it in a separate window it catatonously shows the same contetn all the time for any of the texts.

The difference between the two machines is:
    the desktop, the good one is Windows 7, the bad one is Windows XP.

Ifound one difference in the FF version:
    this is the desktop:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.24) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:1.9.2.24) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24 ()

so the .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E part is missing on the laptop.

Can it be the problem? If yes what is it and how to repair?
  • Provide a Report ID after reproducing the problem.

Does this happen regardless of what collection you start in and what note you click on first?
  • I had time to get back to the problem now.
    I am a bit puzzled, since I tried to answer your above quexstions. First it produced the error, then to check whether it is important which note I open first I closed FF and restarted FF and Zot. This time (neither after repeated restart) everything worked fine, though I did not install new version of FF or Zot or any other plugin. I tried restart several times earlier, did not help. Anyway I have a feeling I will still meet this error and then I will send a report ID.
    Otherwise earlier it seemed, that the problem popped up regardless wich collection I opened (actually I am using a single collection with several subcollections, the number of my records is huge over 6000).