Zotero Not Syncing - FF7 on Mac Lion

I am using the most recent FF7 release on Mac OS X Lion. I can't seem to get Zotero to sync and this has been going on for several weeks now. Here are the details of my report: Report ID 1129937121

A file sync error occurred. Please try syncing again.

If you receive this message repeatedly, restart Firefox and/or your computer and try again. If you continue to receive the message, submit an error report and post the Report ID to a new thread in the Zotero Forums.

The following error have occurred since starting Firefox

[JavaScript Error: "Unexpected file upload status 400 in Zotero.Sync.Storage._onUploadComplete() (0_KNS2RTIE)" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/zfs.js" line: 755}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'A file sync error occurred. Please try syncing again.

If you receive this message repeatedly, restart Firefox and/or your computer and try again. If you continue to receive the message, submit an error report and post the Report ID to a new thread in the Zotero Forums.' when calling method: [nsIStreamListener::onStopRequest]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "tab.parentNode is null" {file: "chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml" line: 773}]
  • 1) Check your system clock and time zone.

2) If the problem persists, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • Clock is fine.

The Debug ID is D139094437.
  • Here's the message from Amazon (which Zotero File Storage uses):
    Your socket connection to the server was not read from or written to within the timeout period. Idle connections will be closed.
    I can't tell you why you're getting that, but it appears to be a problem with your computer or network. This is unrelated to the Zotero servers.

What changed a a few weeks ago when this stopped working?
  • I switched from Chrome to Firefox, but I doubt that's doing it. I can't remember when it started but it might have been when I upgraded to Lion. Is there a way to find out how to solve it on my machine?
  • If this is a laptop, try from a different network.

You can try creating a new Firefox profile, installing Zotero into it, and temporarily linking your old Zotero data directory from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • Oh, I did that today. When we started this thread I was on a public network, now I'm on my own network. The Report at the start of this thread was a different network than the Debug ID.
  • When you look at my library online it looks like it is actually syncing - but the error is still appearing. All my files have been uploaded and citations added.

Also I think this started when I tried out the 3.0 beta - I'm using 2.1.10 now, but maybe something was left on my system from trying out the beta.
  • It's a file sync error, so your library data will continue to sync. And some of your files may sync each time before the error occurs.

The version shouldn't make a difference for this, but if you haven't tried a new Firefox profile, do so.