Synch error message

[JavaScript Error: "Image corrupt or truncated: " {file: "" line: 0}]

[JavaScript Error: "Name '= Premium Content Log In | Create a Free …' too long" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 891}]
  • it's telling you what's wrong:
    "Name '= Premium Content Log In | Create a Free …'
    search for that - might be a tag or an author name or so - shorten it or delete the item in question, empty the Zotero trash and try syncing again.
  • That author name is too long to sync (and obviously invalid). Search for it and fix it, and let us know where that item came from so we can fix the site translator to not save invalid data into the name field.
  • Searching on "Name '= Premium Content Log In | Create a Free …' too long" yields no hits.
    Searching just on "Premium Content Log In" turns up dozens of hits.
    What to do next?
  • where do those items come from, can you tell?
    Do they all have that in the author field?
    But yes, it sounds like you may have to edit the author field for each of the items.
  • Many of these items are from the Chronicle of Higher Education. Most are old, and have caused no trouble in the past. I've deleted the most recent ones (i.e, since the last successful synch), but that doesn't fix things. And now the Zotero "Report error" button has stopped responding (and so it doesn't display the currently offending item or items). But the red warning button is still on, and mousing over it reveals the beginning of the same Name-too-long complaint as before.
  • P.S. I've looked at the Author fields for these items, and nothing seems unusual there. Is some other "Name" involved?
  • Did you empty your trash?
  • No. I don't see any empty-trash icon (although I do see it mentioned online). Where is it?
  • scroll down in your left hand panel. it's at the bottom of your collections.
  • That did it. Thanks. Synch works now.