new word processor plugin: which library is an cited item in?

Hi all,

the new standalone and the new word processor are brilliant, thanks a lot! One question: When using the new word processor, I do not know which library I am citing from and the plugin gives me citations across all my libraries. Thus:
-Does it not matter anymore which library I cite from? Can I now mix citations from different libraries? If yes, brilliant, but then you should announce this as a new feature and post.
-If not, there should be a possibility to choose the library from some kind of preference per document, otherwise I end up with a mess.

best
m
  • edited October 17, 2011
    -Does it not matter anymore which library I cite from? Can I now mix citations from different libraries? If yes, brilliant, but then you should announce this as a new feature and post.
    This. Since JSON metadata is embedded, you don't need groups for collaborating on a document anymore.

Something like your feature request is still being discussed, though - mronkko actually submitted a patch that would let you disable libraries in the plugin - I'm not sure where that discussion is atm.
  • This is really brillant, and it should be advertised, because it solves the problem of having to copy all references into a group library, only to write a paper. No more duplicating items. But this also opens up the question, whether there should not in fact be a "unified library view", something like "unified folders" in thunderbird?
    Because ultimately, I do not want to have certain items twice, so I would simply have it in the respective group library, and then, if I could see a "unified library view" that would show all my items.

that would make much more sense than disabling certain libraries per document.

great, thanks
    m
  • I would love to have the Word plugin for my Standalone version (3.0b.2.1), but I'm a little confused about where to download it. I'm using Safari, and it seems that all the downloads on the plug-in page are for the Firefox version. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.
  • in your Zotero standalone --> Gears Menu --> Preferences --> Cite
  • Thanks for your incredibly prompt response. You have THE BEST support team.
  • [note to dev: This should be added to the install page here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation_for_zotero_2.1
    I don't have edit access there]