Zotero crashes firefox in Vista

I have recently had trouble with Zotero (1.0.2) in Firefox (2.0.011) in Windows Vista. I am using a custom location for my library (which I share with my Ubuntu 7.10 OS - without any problems!).

My problem is this:

When capturing citations from PubMed everything seems to work fine for 2-3 citations, the 4th however causes the program to crash. Also, when I open some standalone notes the program also crashes.

I have copied my database from an archived version, and checked it from within Zotero (there are no database errors). I have re-installed both firefox and zotero, but the error remains. Since the same database works perfectly in Ubuntu (with firefox 2.0.011 and Zotero 1.0.2) I can only assume it is an error in my Vista copy of firefox, or an incompatibility with Vista.

I'm not sure what to try next to rectify the problem, does anyone have any suggestions?
  • Do you have the (bundled) Talkback extension installed and enabled? If so, have you sent in crash reports to Mozilla?

A Firefox crash is ultimately a Firefox bug, though with enough info we might be able to work around it in our code if the problem is easily reproducible or we have a good enough crash log. It may also already be fixed in Firefox 3.

If you can get Talkback to trigger on a crash, can you go to Show Details, copy the Talkback data (if this is possible—I don't remember) and send it to us at support@zot.....org?