Report Id=1467699342: coping with too-long tags post-import

I recently imported |items| > 100 from an Endnote library via RefMan. The import into Zotero was successful, but on (manual) sync I got a red('!') on the toolbar. On clicking that, I got dialog=

> Error
> Tag 'Global warming potential Nitrous oxide emission No...' too long

Fortunately, searching for just tag='Global warming potential' brought me to the offending article, which has the single tag

> Global warming potential Nitrous oxide emission No-tillage Wheat Nitrification inhibitor S-benzylisothiouronium derivatives filled pore-space l. cropping system methane emissions greenhouse gases management fertilizer n2o denitrification fluxes dicyandiamide

I would like to edit that tag in place, but don't see UI for doing that: am I missing something? If not, is there a fix other than

1 copying the offending tag to a text editor
2 deleting the offending tag
3 editing the offending tag into multiple smaller/correct tags
4 adding each of the smaller tags one-by-one

? If I believed only this one tag was problematic, I would't be too concerned, but I suspect more than one of the records imported will have this problem.

Alternatively, would I be better off editing the tags in the RefMan export .txt, and re-importing?

FWIW, I'm running

zotero=2.1.10
firefox=Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0 (per http://whatsmyuseragent.com/)
$ lsb_release -ds
Linux Mint Debian Edition
$ uname -rv
3.0.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Sun Jul 24 02:24:44 UTC 2011
  • I would like to edit that tag in place, but don't see UI for doing that
    Right-click, Rename Tag, but when you sync you should be seeing a dialog to help you rename/split/delete the tag. If you're not, something is wrong, and you should provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • Apologies for delay in responding, but I now have some time to debug this. From a fresh start of firefox=5.0, after enabling debug output logging, I get dialog="Sync Error". Dunno why I get that now and not before, but I'll cancel this thread and start a new one for the problem editing the tag in that dialog.