Larger library synced; does not appear online for use on other computer

I was using Zotero on a different machine while waiting several days for my large library to sync on my primary computer. The sync for the large library (4000+) was completed, but does not appear online. The new, small library generated while I was working on the other machine does appear online. Where should I look for the large sync from my primary computer, so I can sync for download on another computer?
  • edited October 12, 2011
    I don't really understand what you mean. Zotero syncs using accounts. If you're logged into the right account on zotero.org, you'll see your library. If you're logged into another account, you'll see a different library. The account the Zotero client syncs to is set in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences.

http://www.zotero.org/support/sync
  • I just deleted the smaller library and, indeed, nothing is left in "My Library" now. Yet, I can see the library locally right here and the sync indicates there is nothing to sync when I press that sync button.
  • and you're sure your username is set to nprause in your client?
  • I just check in the preferences and both appear to be the same accounts. Furthermore, the small library did download, which makes me think they are both in the same user.
  • By the way, the large library indicates sync with servers 20 days ago. It has never appeared online or in syncs on other computers I logged into Zotero with. Anything else to check? Resync?
  • I'm still not understanding what the problem is that you're reporting.

In the installation with your large library, make sure you have the right username entered in the Sync preferences and click the Sync icon. If you did so, it shouldn't say that it synced 20 days ago.

http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/changes_not_syncing
  • I imported an Endnote library into my local Zotero. I synced it, which took several days, then indicated it was complete. Now, the library does not appear when I sync with Zotero on other computers or online in "My Libraries". When I was uploading it, I posted a question in the forums about progress, and they indicated they were being uploaded.

The question of the day: where is my "synced" library?