Linux installation

Hi all,

I realize this might be more of a Linux than a Zotero question, but here it goes: I normally install rpm packages on my Meego Linux machine, and I'm not sure what to do with the executable file that the current Zotero version produces. The files are sitting in my /Desktop directory rather than migrating to the proper place in the Linux architecture. I can indeed launch Zotero from the Desktop, but it works slowly (and it's in the way for other work).

Any ideas?

Erik
  • yeah, you're probably better off asking that on a Meego forum - the Zotero devs have said that they don't intend to package for various Linux distros. In Ubuntu and similar distros you can move the file to usr/bin (or wherever you want it) yourself and create a launcher wherever you want it - that's got to be possible under Meego?

Speed would seem to be a separate topic.
  • Dear Adam,

Thanks. I'll explore further with the Meego people, and I'll try the /usr/bin option and the launcher. Actually the problem would be solved if there was an rpm package of Zotero -- any change of that?

Erik
  • as I said: "the Zotero devs have said that they don't intend to package for various Linux distros" - Ubuntu has a "needs packaging" request for Zotero out, maybe Meego or whoever else maintains rpms can do the same, but it's just not feasible for a small project like Zotero to cater to half a dozen (or more) linux distros.