MS Word 2010 Plugin

Have downloaded MS Word 2010 and not trying to add necessary Zotero plugin. Getting the following error message:

Zotero Experienced an error updating your document
Component returned failure code: 0x80004001
(NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)
[zoteroIntegrationDocument.cursorInField]

This is probably obvious to many but I'm not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions/ideas most welcome

thanks

m
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#zotero_experienced_an_error_updating_your_document_with_word_2010
  • The thing is that it does not seem that I have a click-to-run installation. How do I know whether or not that I do?
  • Does this happen in a new document?
  • No this does not. The docs that I'm using were originally written using Open Office. I've had to switch to Word because of platform limitations.
  • I should add that I converted these docs from Open Office to Word '07. It was suggested that I try converting them to '03 and then see what happens, which I'll do later today.
  • Well that didn't work. Should I be thinking how best to convert the Open Office doc to word or is there something else I'm missing?
  • how exactly are you converting the documents?
  • Ive opened them in Open Office and saved them as Doc and Docx files as well as have opened them in Word '10 and '07 using the save as functions.

Would simply saving them as txt files and then re-saving them in word '10 do the trick. I would lose the links to the citations, but I guess I would add them again.
  • You made sure that the citations were in "Bookmarks" format (Set Document Preferences in the Zotero plugin) before? Generally my experience is that .doc works better than .docx

If you're ready to give up on keeping the citations (though really, this should work) you could just remove field codes in Ooo and then save as doc and the files should open without any issues.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Found the setting and I'll give it a try. I had it set to using ReferenceMarks. Missed completely the different settings.

thanks