"create item from current page" isn't saving snapshot on al-Jazeera English

Hi,

I have tried to see if this is trouble-shot already, but couldn't find it elsewhere. I'm trying to save articles from aljazeera.com using create new item from current page. It seems to create the item, but if I try to "view snapshot" only part of the page shows up, not including the actual text of the article. I've never had this problem previously on any webpage. I'm not sure if I should add additional info. I'm on Win7 machine, Firefox updated, and using Zotero 3.0b2.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Alejandro
  • try temporary disabling adblock - that seems to interfere on some pages (including NYTs).
  • edited October 12, 2011
    Thanks. No dice, unfortunately. I disabled, and at first I got an error "Annotations for a snapshot may only be opened in one browser window simultaneously. This snapshot will be opened without annotations." Then I closed all tabs with aljazeera.com open. Then I tried again (both creating items and viewing snapshots), and then I got the same result as before disabling adblock. Some of the page is reproduced, but not the article itself.

It occurred to me that I could look at the source of the html file that Zotero has saved. I can see the text there. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up when I hit "view snapshot."

PS: I also tried to view the html file saved by Zotero in Chrome, and it showed up with the same elements as the Firefox version when I do "view snapshot". That is, it's missing some of the central text (which is nonetheless in the source). Does this mean that it's not saving the metadata properly?