No Zotero toolbar in MSWord 2003

I've searched the site for an answer to my problem, and I notice that there seems to be no solution(s) offered to any of the previous posters. I'm using both the latest standalone version of Zotero and the latest Firefox add-on, ...obviously, not simultaneously. Neither produce a MSWord toolbar. I don't know when this first occurred because I've not been using my regular machine lately. Am I missing something? Has someone found the answer? I find this interesting and unusual because I've never had a problem integrating Zotero with MSWord. MWP
  • look at this page:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting
    run through the troubleshooting steps that apply and let us know what you did.
  • Yes. I saw this message, and I followed the recommendations. That is why I am posting here. I might also mention that I've reinstalled both Zotero 3.0b2 and the related MSWord files, and standalone Zotero 3.0b2.1. Neither is capable of re-invigourating the Zotero MSWord toolbar.
  • ...and let us know what you did.
    do you get a message that the word integration is installed succesfully?
    Is the toolbar enabled? Do you see Zotero.dot in the templates window? Did you try to manually install the Zotero.dot? etc.
  • Please read the lines beginning with MWP as replies to your questions.

Do you get a message that the word integration is installed succesfully?

MWP: Yes.

Is the toolbar enabled?

MWP: I am not sure about what you mean by this question. If you
    are referring to the MSWord toolbar, I presume so since it allows
    me to use some of the other features, i.e., italics, etc.

MWP: If you are referring to the Firefox toolbar, it appears to be
    enabled.

Do you see Zotero.dot in the templates window? Did you try to manually install the Zotero.dot? etc.

MWP: I found zotero.dot and I installed it manually. I've yet to
    see if it sticks. If it does not, I get back to you.
  • I get the message: "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings. What do I do now? I know that I have not disabled the macro. I would not even know how to do this, if I wanted to do so.
  • Try the solution described here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/19114/word-2010-plugin-error-the-macro-cannot-be-found/
    I don't have Word, so I can't provide much guidance beyond that.
  • Adam: Thanks. It appears that my manual installation of Zotero.dot worked. But I did not find the file where you suggest it should be. It was under c:\program file\zotero standalone\extensions\zoteroWinWord...\install The dot file in question is also located under Documents and Settings\...

Could it be that the latest version of Zotero standalone is interfering with Zotero Firefox? MWP