Finding entries not in a collection

Hello together,

can someone give me a tip? How can I list entries which are not in a collection. I think that with the time there are many entries in my bibliography which should be deleted. Because I added everything to a collection, which I want to store, I am sure that most entries not in a collection can be deleted.

They accumulated for example when I picked the false menu item for deleting them. So: Delete entry and not: Delete from collection.

Thanks!
  • Right-click (Control-click on a Mac) on the library (My Library or the group name) and select "Show Unfiled Items". This adds an "Unfiled Items" virtual saved search.
  • Oh! Means "Unfiled Items" "Items not in a collection"? For me this sounds like items with no attachments... Isn't this a little misleading?

Thank you for help.
  • I understand your confusion. I'm not a native speaker however. In the French translation, we had chosen "Documents sans collection", i.e. "items without collection"
  • For me this sounds like items with no attachments... Isn't this a little misleading?
    Not in English. The definition from Mirriam-Webster is "not placed on file or in a file <several unfiled documents>".
  • For me the collections are labels. But I understand... "Items not in a collection" would be a little long. And "Unlabeled Items" would also be a little confusing, because they are named collections...
  • this might be something for the first run guidance that Simon is creating
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/19907/whats-not-obvious-about-zotero/#Comment_104906