EBSCO and proxies Round 2

Hello! I'm a librarian at University of Southern Maine, and I'm also encountering site translator issues with EBSCO databases. Since I have Zotero 2.1.10, I would guess that the version isn't an issue. The problem only occurs in EBSCO databases, and we did recently have proxy changes. I read the other forum on the topic. I tried to go into Preferences, but I didn't understand what to do from there--what to check for, what to change, etc. How do I make the necessary adjustments? Thanks!
  • The main thing you need to confirm is that Zotero is managing your proxy for you-- if it is, then you'll know because Zotero will warn you every time it starts proxying a connection.
  • Thanks!
    At around the time of the proxy changes I think I did get a lot of warnings--In fact I had a hard time continuing because the warnings kept popping up. Then that stopped. Then all of a sudden I had this translator issues problem. With that do I assume Zotero is managing my proxy? If so, what do I do next? Thanks again!!!
  • Though people have said they'd like for the automatic proxying notification to stop appearing at some point, it is the case that the notice should appear every time you connect to EBSCO using the proxy. If it isn't appearing, then Zotero is currently not using the proxy. Take a look in the proxy section of the Zotero preferences and confirm that there's one set up that for EBSCO. See http://www.zotero.org/support/proxies for the complete docs on proxy setup.
  • though the doc isn't actually that great :-(
    and it has pics of the old interface.
    You'll likely want to double-click on your multi-site proxy. Then a list comes up and you should confirm if EBSCO is in that list.