Feature Request: Support Latex Syntax in standalone notes

hi guys, I love zotero so much and I am using it to manage all my research stuffs.
One thing I need is that I can type in some latex code and preview it in zotero panel.
would it be possible?
thanks a lot
  • No, this isn't supported and probably won't happen at all, unless someone decides to add something like this as a third-party plugin. The whole apparatus of LaTeX is a huge dependency, and there's no way it's going to happen in Zotero proper. I suppose there might eventually be support for MathML in notes, particularly if a reasonably MathML plugin were found to use with the existing editor (TinyMCE).
  • My new idea is that the generated report could convert the latex code into formula or something. some online api, like google, could be utilized.
  • Hi guys I may have a solution to this problem.
    Over there on
    http://www.gold-saucer.org/mathml/greasemonkey/
    you get a detailed way to display Latex formulas on third-party webpages. I think if we can get a general pattern of the URL of the notes, that might also be a solution to our problem. The only problem here is that I do not know how the URL looks like.:(
  • As a follow-up question, if you have a file in your library which is generated from Latex (but the file itself if pdf, say), but the original Latex source is also available, is there a way to add that source as a separate document in the library, but so that the relation between the two files is obvious?
  • If the PDF is a child attachment to a Zotero item, the source can be added as a sibling to the PDF.