Duplicate Selected Item

Hi Everyone. I duplicate an item (bib info only no pdfs) in Collection-A and drag into collection-B. That works. Then I want to delete the duplicated item in collection-A by doing "Remove selected item". This works too but it also deletes the item in collection-B. How do I do it correctly?
  • If I understand correctly, just hitting delete would work.
    But note that just dragging and item from Collection A to Collection B will place it in both collections - collections are _not_ like folders. The _same_ item can be in multiple collections (think itunes playlists or gmail collections rather than OS folders).
  • Then I want to delete the duplicated item in collection-A by doing "Remove selected item". This works too but it also deletes the item in collection-B.
    No it doesn't. "Remove Selected Item", like pressing Delete/Backspace, only removes the item from the current collection. Only "Delete Selected Item from Library" would remove it from other collections and your library and move it to the trash.
  • like pressing Delete/Backspace, only removes the item from the current collection.
    That would be great to have a keyboard shortcut to delete item from library. On Windows, something like Shift+Del maybe.
  • Adding Control (or Command on a Mac) does exactly that.
  • Thanks Dan!