HTML Editor - Editing Default Settings?

Greetings!

After using this amazing tool for a couple months, I'm still amazed that I'm still being exposed to further features and capabilities I never realized! Thank for all your work!

I use standalone notes a ton, thus the html editor. Is there any way I could edit the default settings, or the entire editor in general?

I've worked with CKEditor, and TinyMCE, both using and building, so if I can get to the files, I'd be one happy camper. But I'm not sure they're accessible, and didn't find them on first search. Any ideas?

Or, via other methods, is there a set way to change the default formatting settings? Primarily I just want the line-height to be smaller. Fit in more text to visual space, without having to make all the text smaller. The only way I see is to open up the html portion, add the code, and go back, which is far from practical. ~ A grateful Web Developer

Thanks for your help!
  • I don't think you can change the standard editor, but you can change the css applied to notes in about:config - this thread has some directions which I _believe_ still apply
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/14751/note-style-changed-after-209/
  • But if you're experienced with TinyMCE, perhaps you'd be interested in tackling some Zotero/TinyMCE issues that have been waiting for a qualified and interested developer? We've long been looking for someone to look into making links in notes clickable, and the image embedding is currently broken. If you're interested in exploring some of these issues, I'm sure the whole Zotero community would be grateful, and the core team will be supportive.