Citation color in Word plugin

Hi I'm a biologist and really like Zotero. I searched the other requests and didn't see this one. I was wondering if color selection could be added to the citation editor or of all citations in general? There are a few journal styles that have blue citations, for example and I found this very nice for sifting quickly through the citations in the article to find the one(s) your looking for. In the writing process this would be even more convenient. Making the citations pop out would be nice.

Thanks for your consideration.
  • It should be possible to set the Bibliography style in your word processor to use blue (or some other color) text. It's not currently something that can be set by the style itself, but once you modify the style in Word or OpenOffice, it'll stick for the document (and for any other ones that use the same template). But that's a word processor issue at the moment.

Can you provide a link to an author or style guide that mentions the color requirement, so we can document this to keep in mind for future revisions of the citation system? I don't think this is likely to happen any time soon, but it's good to keep a handle on the breadth of styles out there.
  • I don't think that's in any style guides. Many journals have "blue" citations in the digital versions of their articles because they are links to the item in the bibliography.