Using standalone zotero 3.0 on iPad

I was trying to download the zotero 3.0 to my iPad but it went directly to my dropbox. From there I couldnt install it on the iPad. An ideas how to change this default or transfer the file out of dropbox so I can install it?
Thanks.
  • The iPad is a closed system. Apple controls what can be installed. Most applications cannot be installed. However, you can edit your Zotero library using the web interface (http://www.zotero.org/yourusername/items/) and you can use a plugin like Zotfile Reader to synchronize PDFs onto your iPad.
  • Thanks Mark. However when I try to download the zotfile reader plugin it again goes into dropbox. Any idea how I can circumvent this?
  • You need to install the zotfile on a computer that runs Zotero, to the iPad. It will copy files over to iPad so that you can read them there.

Even if you were able to somehow install Zotero on iPad, it would not work because Zotero is not is not compatible with iPad. Similarly, you cannot e.g. install PC games on iPad and expect them to run.
  • I installed zotfile and it works nicely but I encountered a bug that maybe someone has an answer to.
    When I use the function of add new files it runs randomly throughout my files even after I attach a file. In fact I can't quit this function unless I quit firefox altogether. Any ideas?
  • You have to give more information on your system: Windows, Mac, Linux? And on your Firefox version. And on your Zotfile version. Otherwise we're stabbing in the dark here.
  • I am on Mac and it's the recent firefox and zotfile versions.
  • edited September 29, 2011
    See reporting bugs for more info on how to report problems in such a way that developers (in this case of the Zotfile plugin) can help out. Note that there are many other users of Zotfile on Mac out there, and they probably don't have this problem otherwise it would have been reported before. So you have to make an effort to identify what is unique about (1) your setup (precise Mac, Zotero, Firefox, Zotfile version numbers) and (2) the precise steps to reproduce the problem. Only then can the Zotfile developer possibly help you find a solution.