Pseudonyms

Hi,

If I have a source authored by a person under pseudonym, how do I insert that into Zotero Standalone (or any part of Zotero, for that matter)?

Best,
Kalle
  • how should it be cited?
  • Sorry, Chicago Manual of Style.
  • no, I mean - how should the citation look? I suspect this won't work great in Zotero, but it might be possible to do something.
  • Well, I have several instances but a good one, I guess, is if I need to quote a blog post written by an author who is not using her/his real name on the website.
  • sorry, we're still talking past each other. I need to know how the citation is supposed to look - e.g. if you cite a book by a known author you have

Smith, A. (1776). An Inquiry into the nature and causes of the wealth of nations. London: W. Strahan and T. Cadell.

how would a citation by a pseudonym be? If you don't know, you'll have to find out - we can only cover the technical aspect here.
  • Let’s say you want to create this reference:

Le Carré, John [David John Moore Cornwell]. The Quest for Karla. New York: Knopf, 1982.
  • yeah, that's not really possible at the moment.

fbennett's multilingual Zotero may be able to do this by essentially entering the real name as a translation or transliteration of the pseudonym, but that's all there is. Unless you have many of them I'd just edit manually at the end.

Also, at least in Chicago Manual of Style these are all "can" and not "must" rules - the default is to just use whichever of the two is better known.