Counter for the number of times I've read a pdf

This is one feature of Papers I like: a field that containts a counter for the number of times I've opened a particular pdf. It's a useful metric of what's important in my collection and it helps me to screen papers I haven't read yet (ala discussion of read/unread tags).
It's a hard to search concept in a forum so I'm not sure if it's been suggested before. Any enthusiasm for this?
Thanks,
Alex
  • I'm pretty sure as a request this is a first - I'm not quite sure what the use case is t be honest. I guess it would tell you which articles you should have better notes on ;-).
  • LOL. I am quite forgetful.

To be fair, I keep a lot of the information within the pdf itself (highlighting, annotated pdfs) - so, interesting articles get opened more frequently to double-check on key ideas/concepts. This might be particularly true with reviews and such.

Again, the idea is to use the number of times I've accessed that file as a metric of its importance.
  • edited January 26, 2024
    I will second this idea, it could be very useful as a metric that can help me sort out papers that I often read.