How to find the file zotero.jar in Mac (Lion) for the standalone version?

Hi everyone,
I am a new Mac user and I haven't been able to find the file zotero.jar in lion. Any suggestion or hint would be really appreciate.

Thank you in advance.
Sebastian
  • What are you trying to do, exactly?
  • I just want to replace the files item_local.js and translate.js in order to use latex (copy and paste citation, among others things).

Any ideas?
  • edited September 7, 2011
    If you just want to copy BibTeX citations, you don't need to apply a patch:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/5094/drag-and-drop-bibtex-cite/

zotero.jar is in the Zotero application folder. But note that the patch is installed at your own risk, may or may not work in the current version of Zotero, would have to be reapplied each time you upgrade, and would cause you to lose all official support. If there are features that you want, you should comment in the relevant threads.
  • Ah, I see that you were already active in that thread. In any case, what I wrote above still applies.
  • Yes, it's okay. But I want to modify other files, e.g. item_local.js and translate.js
    For that I have to find the zotero.jar file in a mac (Lion). Do you have any idea how I can do that?

Thank in advance,
    Sebastian
  • You'll want to right-click (control-click) on the Zotero application and "Show package contents". The JAR is inside.
  • Thanks ajlyon, it worked perfect!

Sebastian