3.0b2 (Standalone & Firefox versions) and NeoOffice

I have found a problem when inserting citations in NeoOffice (Mac)with both the standalone 3.0b2 and Zotero 3.0b2 in Firefox.

Specifically, the shaded Zotero field continues on when typing after insertion of a citation. At another place in the document if I try to insert another citation I get a box asking me if I want to 'replace this Zotero field'. If I start a new paragraph the field is no longer continued.

Anyone else run into this?

Thanks.
  • Should also note that I'm running OSX 10.6.8/Firefox 6.0/MACWORD Integration 3.16/OPENOFFICE Integration 3.5b1/PythonExt 110710

Have removed and reinstalled 3.5b1 a couple of times.
  • And NeoOffice 3.2.1 patch 0
  • Just downloaded LibreOffice 3.3.4 and the problem doesn't exist with it so the problem must be with the latest release of NeoOffice.
  • that's a long known Ooo bug which, apparently and thankfully, LO has finally fixed.
  • @adamsmith. Thank you. I have finally been able to look into this further and it appears that the problem is actually with Zotero 3.0b2 as it doesn't exist with Zotero 2.1.8. That is, inserting citations into NeoOffice 3.2.1 patch 0 works fine.
  • It also works with Zotero 2.1.10
  • Anyone have anything further on this? As I indicated previously, the issue exists with Zotero 3.0b2 but not with 2.1.10.

Thanks!
  • I think this is improbable, since 3.0b2 and 2.1.10 use the same word processor plugins, and that's the only thing that would make a difference here. Are you sure there aren't other circumstances involved?
  • Nothing at all that I'm aware of. I had no problems with 2.1.10, then installed the beta version and encountered the problem. I disabled it and reinstalled 2.1.10 and the problem went away. Very strange indeed given the plugins didn't change.
  • Further on this, I have the 3.0b2 standalone installed and 2.1.10 in Firefox. The problem exists with the standalone but not from Firefox. Very Weird.
  • Is it possible for someone to try this to see if they can duplicate my problem?

Thanks!