hanging and crashing

Zotero has gotten extremely sluggish and has been hanging and crashing. At one point, it was taking >10 seconds for any individual operation (add a tag, remove a tag, delete from collection). Display functions (scrolling up and down, expand/collapse) did not seem to be affected once the spinning "wait" symbol disappeared and the operation finished. But even simple operations were causing the "wait" symbol. This is happening in both standalone and 3.0b2 in firefox 3.6.21. The funky behavior appears to correlate with my creating several saved searches in my group library. It's definitely exacerbated when I'm working within a saved search, but also seemed to slow down operations outside the saved search folder as well. It improves slightly after a restart.

Periodically, there's been a crash that says "An error has occurred. Please restart Zotero." The following error reports have been generated:

thanks in advance for any help.
  • Here's another error report:
  • Let's focus on the error first.

Can you figure out a way to reliably reproduce it after a restart of Firefox or Standalone? If so, please provide steps to do so.

If not, but you can reproduce it within a relatively short amount of time after a restart, go to about:config from the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences, search for extensions.zotero.debug.stackTrace, and double-click it to set it to true. Then choose the "Enabled after restart" option for debug output logging, restart Firefox/Standalone, and reproduce the error. Then submit the debug output and provide the Debug ID.
  • Sorry, Dan--I've been trying to reproduce it and I can't in firefox or standalone. It happened 3 or 4 times yesterday, but so far not today. If it happens again I'll submit the error report and/or debug to this thread.

The long delays are happening anytime I'm in a smart search folder and do an operation that alters the item.