Danish Word 2011 freezes when I access Zotero Menu

I have used Zotero on a MAcBook Pro for 2 years. In July 2011 I changed to a MBP with Snow Leopard and upgraded to Lion as soon as it was available.
I use Zotero 2.1.8, Danish Word 2011, and the Zotero 3.1.6 plugin for Word 2011. Python 110710. The only other plugin i use is the Britsh English Dictionary.
I really got problems when I tried to update my Zotero Libriary from the former MAC.
When I access Zotero in Word 2011, Word freezes completely. I have to force it to shut down. I do not remember whether I could use Zotero before I updated my libriary.
  • edited August 28, 2011
    If you haven't already, you can try the following:

Close Firefox, open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal, and type the following

sudo rm /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe*
    then press return, and enter your password when prompted.
  • Dear Simon
    thank you - what did I do with that command? Did I merely delete a file or group of files?
    I now have afunctional Zotero again. Thank you for your help!
    Hans Jürgen
  • That deletes a pipe that Zotero uses to communicate with Word. Ordinarily, the pipe is created when Zotero starts up and deleted when Zotero shuts down. Under certain circumstances that I have never successfully reproduced, it can apparently become impossible for Zotero to re-create the pipe on startup. Manually deleting the pipe appears to fix this.
  • thank you again for your help.
    If it is of any use for you, I have asked all my (and colleagues) students to use Zotero.
    regards
    HJ
  • Hi there, MBP is new to me. Where do I open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal? Thanks
  • I found the terminal and pasting "sudo rm /Users/Shared/.zoteroIntegrationPipe*" works fine. It asks for my password but I can't type it..
  • It just doesn't give any visual feedback when typing your password. Type it anyway and press enter.
  • Thank you for a quick reply. I've tried that but Zotero is still not visible in the Word menu where it's supposed to show up. I'm running an English Office mac 2011 on a brand new MBP with Lion (Mac OS X 10.7.1) in Danish language. I'm Running Zotero 2.1.8, then I downloaded PythonExt 1.7.5.2 and then Zotero MacWord integration 3.1.6.
  • It's finally there. Don't hkow why but it came after a couple of restarts. Thanks!
  • casper - that's not the same issue. See here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#zotero_toolbar_doesn_t_appear
    also not there is no toolbar for MacWord 2011 - the Zotero plugin is in the AppleScripts menu as described under the above link.