Worldcat Translator - Author Missing

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the new beta and standalone projects! They are excellent!

Just a small thing I've noticed since upgrading yesterday (Firefox extension 3.0b1) is that when I grab book information off Worldcat, I get all of the bibliographic information *except* the author! I tried Zotero with the same book with both Amazon and Worldcat today: Zotero grabbed everything from the Amazon site, but didn't grab the author from Worldcat. Worldcat seemed to work fine under 2.1.8...perhaps something has happened to the translator?

Ubuntu 11.04
Firefox 6.0
Zotero FF extension 3.0b1

Thanks much.

Best,
Lisa
  • edited August 27, 2011
    Looks to me that Worldcat changed the data they embed - they now have first and last names of authors in different fields.
    Please change the title of this thread to something more meaningful (e.g.: Worldcat Translator - Author Missing) - you can do that by editing your first post.

I would hope that ajlyon works his magic on this one pretty quickly
    (sample URL is e.g. http://www.worldcat.org/title/dynamics-of-groups-at-work/oclc/263062&referer=brief_results )
  • Thanks, adamsmith and ajlyon! :)

Best,
    Lisa
  • This is actually already fixed for 3.0b2.
  • I don't believe it is fixed for 3.0b2.1, at least not in the standalone version I'm using.

Thanks,

Jeremy
  • sample URL? The one I give above works for me.
  • http://www.worldcat.org/title/i-am-becoming-my-mother/oclc/59844722&referer=brief_results

which I recommend, by the way....

I've imported perhaps 30 or 40 sources form Worldcat recently and have added the author to all, which I attributed to the standalone version as I didn't recall having this problem in the Netscape add-on. I'm quite willing to believe that it's a Worldcat artefact.

All of this said, adding the author info is not terribly burdensome, but it would be great to have it work as intended. I'm a big "liker" of Zotero, though I wouldn't tell Franzen...

Thanks,

Jeremy
  • edited October 10, 2011
    The connectors still need to be updated with the fix above, which will probably happen toward the end of this week.
This discussion has been closed.