About ISO-690 style

2»
  • I don't know if help but if you install style ABNT, which is derived from ISO 690-2, you will have the job done. I'm very happy to see a Zotero's style based on a brazilian standard. It saved my day.
  • Hi everyone, I'm preparing an article to send to a magazine and they require the sue of the ISO 690:2010 style. They give examples of citations and the lastnames are not in uppercase. I added the style in Zotero and it formatted all lastnames in uppercase. I know there is a debate about that, but do you know where I can find an ISO690 version which doesn't put lastnames in uppercase? There are some other differences, like the quotation marks in article titles (which the style I installed leaves without quotation marks) and the addition of the ISBN, which is rather strange in my humble opinion.

Well, any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks!

Maximiano
  • Which journal? Can you link the guidelines?
  • It's a French academic magazine.
    Here are the guidelines:
    https://journals.openedition.org/nuevomundo/60939
  • Hi Maximiano,

690:2010 is *very* old and has been replaced by two new versions. I would not invest much time to it at this moment.

I suggest to go with the path of the least resistance and either use some of the APA versions which are closest to the 690:2010 and manually fix differences before sending for publication, or, if this will be a regular gig of yours, create a new style specific for this journal.

Sorry could not help more, but especially French interpretation and adoption of ISO can be quirky at times.
  • Thank you all.
    I think I'll do what athelas suggests. Unlink the citations once the article is ready end edit them manually.
  • edited 15 days ago
    That's bad advice. We can create a custom style for that journal. Many journals say they follow style X and then make modifications, rendering it actually NOT being X....
    However, I cannot access any of the papers. I'd need a real typeset paper as a .pdf to make this style.
  • Hi damnation, I can't access any paper neither.
    If I could help with anything to create this custom style I'd be happy, but I can't code.
    I'll see if I can get a pdf paper from one of the authors.