Installed additional style doesn't work continuously

I installed the additional style "OPEN UNIVERSITY HARVARD REFERENCE" and have chosen it as the standard export style. But it works only one time. If I try to copy another citation to the clipboard, I get an error message and I am also not able to choose the citation style manually.
There's only one way to get it working again: I have to chose another style and do an export (copy to clip) - and then the function for the "OPEN HARVARD.." style is available in the next turn - but only one time (as above).

I use a German zotero plugin. Maybe the problem lies there. Is there a site "how to create a working citation export style" - for dummies? :)

Thanks and all the best
Helga
  • I think this is a generic bug, it doesn't apply to any particular style but to all as far as I can see.
    I think probably needs to show the currently selected output style, which it doesn't currently, and also needs to allow more than one selection.
    I think something similar happens in the word plugin with selecting formats.
  • thanks!

after installing the above mentioned style I also get a symbol (a square) after every citation (all styles) in OOo. So I have reinstalled my old database and then used the new zotero without any dev style. Works fine again.

Is there a an easy way to manually uninstall previously chosen dev-styles without going back to the backup of my database?

All the best!
  • If I try to copy another citation to the clipboard, I get an error message and I am also not able to choose the citation style manually.
    What error? Does Report Errors in the Actions (gear icon) menu become activated? If so, send in an error report and let us know the Report ID it gives you.
  • I repeated the issue - it gives the following

Error: 'Invalid preference 'export.lastStyle'' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent] = NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING
  • If you go to about:config, does extensions.zotero.export.lastStyle appear in the list?

If so, and you reset the pref, can you reproduce the error after that?

If so, can you tell me the exact steps to reproduce it?
  • I just submitted a report with the steps.
  • edited January 8, 2008
    OK, I can reproduce the lastStyle error, thanks.

We'll look into it. In the meantime (and in general), I recommend using Quick Copy instead.