Wordperfect integration

I want to second those who've made a plea for wordperfect integration; I don't think I'm alone in preferring it to MS-Word...
  • I too would like to see WordPerfect integration, esp. as EndNote has reduced its support for WordPerfect since ver. 6.0.
  • Yes, please consider a WordPerfect plugin/integration facility as soon as possible. Many of us prefer it to both MS Word and OpenOffice.
  • OTOH, unlike both MS Office and OOo, WP is a Windows-only product. And while Zotero now seems to be supporting the OOo plug-in, it was actually originally written by a third-party. So I think you need to be realistic about the expecting too much from the Zotero developers.
  • Yes, please do consider a Wordperfect plug-in. I currently use Endnote but would happily switch given the functionality of Zotero.
  • I will add my voice to those who would like a Word Perfect plug-in. It is much more intuitive that Word.

I am switching to Zotero from Citation, a program I have used and liked for many years, but it integrated well with WordPerfect.

I'm also trying to figure out how to print notes in order to have them in print, as well as electronic, format.
    Ron
  • If you're using Zotero 2.0, take a look at the new RTF scan feature under the Actions (gear icon) menu.
  • Add my vote too. Why use Word when you can be [Word]Perfect! I have used almost every version since 4.2 for DOS (currently using X4), have Word 2007 as well, and much prefer WordPerfect for ease of use, etc. etc., etc.
  • And I guess I'll repeat my (more implicit) point that this would be a good third-party opportunity.
  • If a third party can produce the plug-in for WordPerfect, that's fine. But I'd rather Zotero Developers put their time on higher priority activities, since OOo and Word suit me fine.
  • Hear, hear! Unfortunately, conversion to rtf works poorly, especially when tables (a particular strength of WP) and figures are involved. Besides, that's what I have to do now with EndNote, so Zotero would not be an improvement in that regard. I have no idea what's involved in producing WP support, but as far as I'm concerned it would constitute a major advantage over other available products -- I would drop my current use of EndNote in favor of Zotero in a flash if WP support were offered, and I'm sure there remains a community of WP users out there who currently don't even know about Zotero but would be similarly inclined.
  • Can we please close this thread. There's no value in people continuing to post their pleas for this feature.
  • Yes, closing. The Zotero team will not be producing a WordPerfect plugin. A third party is more than welcome to do so. If there's any further development, we'll update this thread.
This discussion has been closed.