ZoneAlarm Newest Version Issues with Word Plugin Communication

I installed the latest Zone Alarm firewall, and (again) it breaks the communication between Word and Firefox for citations.

Shut down ZA, and it works. Restart ZA, and it's broken. I'm looking into how to fix, but ZA has certainly dummy-downed, their new interface. I'm about to kick it to the curb.
  • So digging through the new interface, I may have found it.

On the main screen, there are three Icon's (not very intuitive, but..) Clicking the "Program" icon, I navigated to the "Application Control Settings" dialog. Then the "Advanced" tab, and I set the "Trusted Zone" to "Always accept the connection" and retested.

It appears that Zone Alarm now allows the communication between the local Firefox services for Zotero, and Microsoft Word. (No telling what other nefarious connections are also allowed, but at least I can get my paper written.)

--
  • I just installed ZoneAlarm Free version 9.2.6.106.000 and ran into the same issues as listed above (thank the internet gods for these forums).

By going to Program Control > Programs i was able to ALLOW access for the PLUGIN CONTAINER FOR FIREFOX and all seems to be working again. Whew!