problem with ads on Amazon

I use Amazon to import bibliographic data. For the last two days, in the upper-right hand corner, right above the "Your Digital Items," Your Account" and "help" there have been ads running. When I click on the little blue book in the search bar to import the book data into Zotero, it is importing the advertising data instead of the book data. I don't know if this is a Zotero problem or if it is an Amazon problem. But after using Amazon for over a year to import book information into bibliographies, it is not working because of these ads. I can use Google books to do the same thing but Amazon is one-step faster at loading books.
  • I'm having precisely the same problem! I love Legos, but I don't want to import Legos toys into my bibligraphy!?
  • Odd. Amazon isn't doing that for me-- it's picking up the right book. Are the ads always present? Or just sometimes?

If I can replicate this, I'm sure I can fix it. But first I need to see it myself.
  • And in the meantime you can use the Library of Congress for high-quality bibliographic data on just about any book.
  • Hmmm . . . Yesterday, it was specifically a "Lego" product ad in the uppermost right that seemed to be causing the problem. The folder icon would list not the books on the page, but a series of Lego products, likewise w/ the inidivudual item icon. This morning, the same search is working fine and no Legos ad is appearing.
  • You could try using http://adblockplus.org/en/
  • i don't think adblock helps, I've been seeing this, too.
  • I don't really use Amazon much, and I'm not seeing this. Can you try to diagnose it, Sebastian, if you see it? That or provide a reliable way to reproduce -- I can't fix what I can't see.
  • sorry, I'm not able to replicate this anymore - might have gotten fixed on the Amazon side of things? I just saw this once.