After inserting citation, typing continues WITHIN grey field box

After inserting a multiple source citation, the cursor in the document sits within the field. Consequently, when I resume typing, all new text is just an ever-expanding grey box of field. (I have not tried to create a bibliography with this). Logical ways of exiting the field (e.g. escape key) do not seem to work.

This does not happen with single source citations. I have opened a couple of new documents and get the same behaviour consistently (i.e. distinct from previous issues recently posted).

This behaviour occurs in a .odt format document, using ReferenceMarks, although I have previously noted this in .doc format.

Linux Mint 11

Libre Office 3.3.2,
OOO330m19 (Build:202), tag libreoffice-3.3.2.2, Ubuntu package
1:3.3.2-1ubuntu5

Firefox 5.0

Zotero 2.1.8
  • It would seem like you're seeing a version of this:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/18752/libreoffice-332-extra-text-gets-included-in-zotero-citation-field/
    (also includes a workaround). That said, I've never seen this for continuing to type right after a citation - the problem for me has always been if you somehow move back to a citation.
  • edited July 27, 2011
    Sorry, that's not clear enough. What _exactly_ are you observing? What do you mean by "leave space for insertion"? I would like to see an actual step-by-step description - and by step by step I mean literally every click and keystroke - to assure that this is really a new and different issue than the one in the thread I link to.

edit: and to clarify, as I understand, the issue as it exists is due to a problem with Ooo Reference Marks and how they spill over into text, so this would need to be fixed there. The issue doesn't exist in Word.
  • well, if it is a common problem I would hope this would not take more than 10 steps?