How to take cited date off bibliography

I am just finishing my dissertation. I have 256 references. After the last update, the cited date appeared at the end of each reference. How do I take this off. I am using national library of medicine style. Thanks for your help. I love Zotero!!
  • What do you mean by "cited date"?
  • At the end of each reference it says [cited 2011 Feb 26]. All the dates are different, I think that date is when I first added it to my library from pubmed, web of science etc.
  • edited July 27, 2011
    Hm, this does look quite strange. I just tested it with some items in my library, and those journal articles that have a "date accessed" field in Zotero come up with this "cited" date in the bibliography.

I guess the style should be adjusted so that the "cited" bit is only added for web sources, regardless of whether the "date accessed" field in Zotero is populated or not.

If you cite no web sources and simply want to remove the [cited] bit from every item that happens to have a "date accessed" field set, the short term fix is to edit the style and remove the following line, which is at the very end of the CSL style:
    <text macro="access"/>

See Style editing step by step for how to make simple changes to CSL styles.
  • make sure to update your citation style from the repository. ZOtero 2.1 changed how some styles were read and we had to adjust many of them to prevent this. If this persist as an error let us know and post more specifics (version number of Zotero, citation style, etc.).
    http://www.zotero.org/styles
  • Thanks for your help Adam and Mark. Updating from the style repository didn't work but thanks to the step by step instructions provided I was able to remove the field from the code, update my citation style file and get it to work. Just in time since my dissertation final copy is due in the graduate office on Monday!