Compability with OS X Lion

I am gonna buy a new Mac which will have pre-installed Lion (OS X 10.7).

It seems that this system only works with Word 2008 or even 2011.

What about compatibility with Zotero? Do I have to worry?

Thanks.
  • nope, people are already working with Lion.
  • Good.

But it is nevertheless complicated: I am working with Word 2003 on a PC now, and will have to change to Word 2008 or Word 2011 on a Mac..... Do you provide a manual online or are there any hints how to do this change - and to do it without losing data?

Thank you.
  • That should just work. If at all possible have both computers available for a little while to make sure it goes smoothly and make sure you correctly transfer your library:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/transferring_a_library
  • Trying to import my zotero library from my old PC to my brand new mac book air - hating the strange new structure on this thing - and not being able to find where to copy my zotero folder as this structure here:

On a Mac:
    /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/<randomstring>/zotero

is just not existent on lion!!

any help?

best
  • Jeanie: That has nothing to do with Lion—nothing about Firefox storage locations changed in Lion. If you can't find the right directory by following the instructions, get someone to help you.
  • seems that the directry is invisible normally - anyone an idea how to make appear invisible directories in lion / max os x??
  • You can hold down Option while clicking the Go menu in the Finder to get to the Library folder, but if you follow the instructions, you don't have to do anything like that. Just click Show Data Directory in the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences.
  • no, I need not only to "see" the directory but to be able to copy my old folder into the new one... so just "show data" is not enough....
    I just have the impression lion is more complicated than the system before...
  • You can believe me or not, but I'm telling you how this works. If you click Show Data Directory, it shows the folder in the Finder, which is exactly the same as navigating to that folder through the filesystem. Pressing Cmd-up-arrow would get you to the Firefox profile folder above it.

Again, ask somebody tech-savvy to help you in person if you're having trouble—I can't help you beyond this.
  • you are right - and: it worked!! sorry for my panicking questions. just one last question (probably stupid as well, sorry):

it does not work with open office, right?

(but: it does zotero work with the new word 2010?)
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_installation_for_zotero_2.1

There's no such thing as Word 2010 for OS X—it's Word 2011, and Zotero works fine with it, as indicated on the installation page. OpenOffice works as well.